A supplier to the NHS has advised us of a global shortage of some equipment we use for taking blood tests.
Anyone who needs a test for urgent health problems will still get one but where your clinician recommends it’s safe to do so, we may be in touch with you to ask you to come back for a test at a later date, or your appointment may be rescheduled.
Given the nature of the shortage, we cannot give an exact date for when the test will be rescheduled, but please be assured that if your condition or symptoms require it, then you will get a test, and we will be re-booking your test when supplies become more easily available.
If your condition or symptoms change or get worse, please contact the NHS as you would normally.
In the light of the government announcement about shortening the time between first and second doses of the Covid-19 vaccination for those aged 50 and over and others in cohorts 1 – 9 of the JCVI priority list, we are awaiting information on vaccine supply in order to plan clinics. Please don't contact your GP – they will be in touch with your new appointment date and time if this is needed.. Second doses are effective when administered anytime between 3 and 12 weeks after the first so don't worry if your second dose appointment is scheduled beyond 8 weeks. This will not affect the protection provided by your vaccination.
We are a semi-rural Practice, serving approximately 6,300 patients, in the beautiful market town of Richmond, North Yorkshire.
We have designed this website to help you get the most out of our surgeries by informing you of the services we offer and enabling you to access all the relevant healthcare information and advice you may need.
Our Mission and Values - What we believe in
To do the Right Thing ——— and go the extra mile
1) This simple guiding principle underpins the work of our team and it is important to us that we work together to do the right thing for our patients
2) We only choose staff who are committed to delivering high quality care and always do what is best for you
3) We feel that good communication is key and we listen to what you have to say, and act with openness and transparency at all times
4) Everyone at QLS aims to go that extra mile.
1) Give our best at all times and serve our local community by providing a full range of high quality services and clinical expertise
2) Treat you with respect, courtesy and compassion
3) You will be treated as an individual, as we would wish to be treated ourselves, with honesty, integrity and trust
4) In return, we ask you to keep appointments, be polite and understanding with our staff and we encourage you to allow them to support you, to positively ensure that the patient is always at the heart of what we do
Mental Health Freephone
We are asking our patients to make a note of the freephone crisis helpline number in case you should need it in the event of a mental health crisis. The freephone crisis helpline number, 0800 0516171, is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week for anyone, of any age, living in North Yorkshire. Callers are diverted to local crisis teams by following a series of options. Further information is available at www.tewv.nhs.uk/crisisadvice.
QUAKERS LANE SURGERY
We are exceptionally busy at the moment. It’s taking us a little bit longer to answer phone calls than it usually would and we’re experiencing a very high demand for
appointments. Please be patient with us.
"The practice doctors are warm in their welcome. A personal service with a feeling that the individual is important"
"Staff and doctors are great and always helpful! Would happily recommend them to anyone"
"I have always found access to appointments easy and friendly. The reception staff are good listeners and helpful"