WHO IS THE SERVICE FOR?
Carers of any age. Free service.
There is also an additional service called ‘Home from Hospital’ open to any vulnerable adult over 18 leaving hospital with little support.
- Carers assessments
- Wellbeing checks
- Emotional support
- Guidance through the local health and social care system
- Signposting to relevant statutory and VCSE providers
- Benefits advice
- Support through to education/training/employment
- Support groups
- Targeted activities for young carers
- School support and coordination
- Individual 1-2-1 support (all ages)
Unfortunately, the service cannot help with personal care or counselling but the service can signpost to other organisations as appropriate.HOW TO ACCESS THE SERVICE
A carer can self refer or you can refer to the service via telephone.
Following the first phone call, a 1-2-1 appointment will be organised either face to face or over the phone. This is to establish the support required. Ongoing support is based around the carers needs but is largely appointment based
WHERE IS THE SERVICE?
The service is delivered around the needs of the carers and may include:
- Outreach sessions
- At the carers home
- At the office (Snainton)
- In school
- At a targeted session or ‘Cuppa Club’
Monday to Friday 9am-5pm. The Home from Hospital service times vary - please call to check.
Scarborough and Ryedale Carers Resource, 96 High Street, Snainton YO13 9AJ
T: 01723 850155 or visit www.carersresource.net